- How to get referrals from real estate agents
- Your Website/Blog – The Easiest and Fastest Way to Get Non-lender work!
- Appraising the Tough Ones Creative Ways To Value Complex Residential Properties Book Review
- Assessment Appeals – Marketing, Reassessment Opportunities, Fees, Critical dates, etc
- The Valuation of Condominiums, Cooperatives, and PUDs – Book Review
- Limiting Conditions and Assumptions. Appraiser Humor. By Deane Wilson, ASA
- Home Measurement Services – How to Use Your Appraisal Skills to Make More Money
- How to get started in commercial appraising: 5+ unit apartments
- Making adjustments in today’s market by Doug Smith, SRA
- Many ways to cut costs and increase profits and cash flow
- How to use less gasoline and save money with today’s high gas prices!
- How to get no-lender business by networking at meetings
- Staying positive with low fees, AMC hassles and slow business
- Expert witness for residential appraisers – High Fees, Little competition
- Bail Bond appraisals – all cash, very high fees, little competition
- Get started in attorney work by doing divorce appraisals – significantly higher fees, no UAD, no underwriters, no AMCs
- Speaking at real estate sales meetings is an easy way to market your appraisal business
- Book Review – Identifying Residential Architectural Styles by Marc Nadeau
- 2022 year-end tax planning for appraisers. It’s not too late to save on your 2022 taxes!
- Book Review: Residential Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use by Mark Ratterman, MAI, SRA Reviewer: Joe Lynch
- Appraisers’ Heavy Loads USPAP, GSEs, Public Trust, Protect the Client by Tim Andersen, MAI
- Marketing with Holiday Gifts and Cards – An Easy, Excellent Marketing Tool!
- Communicating with non-lender clients: Very, very different from lenders!!
- Tips for dealing with complex residential appraisals by Joseph Lynch NOTE: The photos of examples in this article can be difficult to read in the 3 column format above. To see better quality photos, use the word processing style newsletter above starting on page 20.
- Appraisals for estates and trusts – the most popular non-lender appraisals, Part 2
- AEI’s Housing Market Indicators Report, by Wayne Pugh, MAI, FRICS, CCIM
- Purchase and Sales Agreements, by Tim Andersen, MAI
- Which are your best current and former AMC/lender clients? What do they want?
- Client Rating Grid
- How to get a FREE Google Business Profile. Excellent way to get more appraisal business!
- Fact vs. Fiction Don’t let these four appraiser liability myths, by Peter Christensen
- Appraisals for estates and trusts – the most popular non-lender appraisals
- Estate/trust liability advice from Peter Christensen
- How land contributes to value, by Jamie Owen
- Comparison of lender and non-lender appraisals
- What is a functionally obsolete appraiser, by Richard Hagar, SRA
- Markets are changing. What does USPAP say about trends, by Tim Andersen, MAI
- E&O Insurance Update 2022 – Claims, State Boards, Discrimination, etc.\
- First Notice of Claim: Some Do’s and Dont’s, by Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- 2022 E&O Insurance – Where to Get Insurance, What to look for in a policy, etc.
- 2022 E&O Insurance Brokers
- Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms – Book Review
- Appraisal Today newsletter 30th Anniversary. Changes over the past 30 years. What a wild ride it has been!
- Residential appraisal forms from the 1960s to today
- Revisiting the Green Hornet, by George Opelka
- Computers, Mobile Devices and Digital Cameras
- From EDI to UAD – appraisal data standards and data transmission
- Mortgage lending from the 1870s to today
- How the Internet changed appraising
- Present and past appraisal forecasts
- Desktops – Yes, No or Maybe?
- CubiCasa – Accuracy, Cost, Ease of Use, ANSI, etc.
- Mortgage Loan Volume Index Graph 2016 to 4-2022
- ANSI and USPAP – Confidentiality, by Tim Andersen, MAI
- How to handle a “low” appraisal By Tim Andersen, MAI
- Engagement Letters by Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- Is is jUSt USPAP? by Barry Bates
- Pocket App for saving information by Wayne Pugh, MAI
- Do tandem bedrooms and garages impact value? by Jamie Owen
- Who Said I Agreed To Be An Expert? By Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- Review: Measuring Square Footage with ANSI 2021: Home Measurement Textbook
- ANSI and Appraisers, real estate agents, and MLS – what it means by Hamp Thomas
- What do you want/need to know about ANSI? Many appraisers say they know ANSI but do not when questioned.
- Review of all available ANSI classes and webinars except in-person. Select what works best for you.
- How do we value a house with a HUGE non-permitted addition By Ryan Lundquist
- Sloped ceilings, stairs, and below grade issues
- Why did Fannie select ANSI Z765? Which appraisers are using ANSI now?
- Fannie vs. ANSI, similar with some differences
- Who developed ANSI Z765-2021 and Who approved the 2021 changes?
- ANSI Resources
- Does my neighborhood really need to be analyzed? Part II By Tim Andersen, MAI
- Construction Progress Reports
- Does My Neighborhood Really Need to be Analyzed? Part 1 By Tim Andersen, MAI
- New Year’s resolutions. Set goals for 2022 and plan how you will accomplish them
- When the best comps are four years old by Ryan Lundquist
- Buy this book! 36 answers you need now! To help you master neighborhood analysis by Tim Andersen, MAI
- 2021 year-end tax planning for appraisers It’s not too late to save on your 2021 taxes!
- Marketing with holiday gifts and cards – An easy and Most Excellent Marketing Tool
- Think carefully before signing a Records Affidavit by Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- An Appraiser Gets Audited by the IRS! My Story by Ann O’Rourke
- Vacant Land: A Nightmare for an Appraiser By Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- Is it okay to compare two detached units with two attached units? By Ryan Lundquist
- Don’t use only automated valuation (weighted average) from your appraisal forms software without additional reconciliationanalysis by Doug Smith, SRA
- I’m Just Going to Check the Box – Highest and Best Use
- Using Trainees – the Safe Way, By Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- Part II The goal is conformity, believability, and the resulting mediocrity, By George Dell, MAI, SRA, CRE
- The Misnomer of Market Value, By David Braun, MAI, SRA
- Krisp – Noise Cancelling for Internet Conferencing By Wayne Pugh, MAI,FRICS, CCIM
- Vacation Time for Appraisers By Doug Smith, SRA, AI-RRS
- Limiting Liability to Third Parties By Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- Rising Markets: When my subject is the New High Sale, Part 2 of 2, Denis Desaix, MAI, SRA
- 2021 E&O Insurance Where to get E&O insurance, most frequent claims, etc
- 2021 E&O Insurance Brokers
- Don’t Assume You Did it “Right” the First Time By Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- The AMC/Lender Will Whistle a Jaunty Tune as it Throws You Under the Bus by Tim Andersen, MAI
- Seeing the forest through the trees by Rachel Massey, SRA, AI-RRS
- Rising markets when my subject is the new high sale by Denis Desaix, MAI, SRA Part 1 of 2
- How to communicate your reconciliation by Rachel Massey, SRA, AI-RRS
- Practical Guide to USPAP Appeasement. Only the first 24 pages matter by George Dell, MAI
- How appraisers use abductive reasoning to provide a value opinion by Tim Andersen, MAI
- Rules are made to be followed by Claudia Gaglione, Esq.
- Malwarebytes mobile security for the iPhone By Wayne Pugh, MAI
- Retirement: To Stay or Not to Stay. That is the question!!
- Highest and Best Use of the Cost Approach, by Scott Cullen
- Review: Residential Property Appraisal by Mark Ratterman, SRA, MAI. Buy This Book!!
- Appraiser Independence Rules (AIR), AMCs, and the Appraiser, by Julie Freiss, SRA, AI-RRS
- Managing Multiple Appraisal Deadlines, By Doug Smith, SRA, AI-RRS
- If people can’t find you, they can’t order an appraisal or give you a referral
- Review of The “Appraisal Bible” – The Appraisal of Real Estate, 15th Edition
- Sales and financing concessions. What Fannie and USPAP say, Tim Andersen, MAI
- 20 Questions from Tim Andersen
- How affordable, really by Rachel Massey, SRA
- Appraisal Today 02-21 – traditional 3-column format
- Appraisal Today 2-21 no-columns – wordprocessing style – read on your computer, tablet or smartphone
- Fannie One Page Infographic on UAD and Sales Comparison Grid Sample
- Appraisal Risk Management – Fannie’s LL-2021-01 Risk scores, appraisal defects, appraiser independence, etc.
- Make use of your driving time by exercising
- Procrastination costs you time, money and more stress, which we don’t need now!
- FHFA wants input on waivers, hybrids, new form and UAD changes, etc. by 2-26-21
- Appraisal waivers up 137% for all loan types in 2020
- Braintoss captures your thoughts, By Wayne Pugh, MAI
- Egad! UAD and Forms Reforms by George Dell, MAI, SRA, ASA, CRE
- Top 10 Appraiser Time Wasters And What to do About Them By Doug Smith, SRA
- The Power of Surveys By Rachel Massey, SRA, AI-RRS
- The Anti-Statistics Guy by George Dell, MAI, SRA
- 2020 year-end tax planning for appraisers. It’s not too late to save on your 2020 taxes!
- Marketing with holiday gifts and cards – easy and Most Excellent Marketing Tool!
- How to reduce stress and be more productive
- Increase your productivity by managing your email
- What is True and Correct per USPAP? By Tim Anderson, MAI
- Tales of a Trainee at Appraisal Camp Sedona by Brian Aldridge
- CamScanner Review By Wayne Pugh, MAI
- Appraisers don’t “Create” Value! By Tim Andersen, MAI
- Practical tips you can use today for getting more appraisals done and make more money
- New appraisers need live, not “virtual” field training By Julie Friess, SRA
- My new blog, Covid Science For Everyone! Covidscienceblog.com
- Disability – your greatest risk
- Disability insurance – more important than ever during a Pandemic! by Paul Porter
- But Fannie Mae says I don’t have to do the Cost Approach! by Tim Andersen, MAI
- The common sense of it all, something we should always try and revisit By Rachel Massey
- Appraising Solar: New Fannie guidance August 2020 by Mark Buhler
- How to keep safe from COVID-19, including tips for appraisers
- The Vaccine Race
- Grammerly can fix your grammatical errors By Wayne Pugh, MAI
- Reduce your liability: Sample disclaimers/statements for your appraisals
- Welcome to Appraisal Purgatory! A day in Appraisal Camp, Sedona, Arizona
- E&O insurance – where to get it, reducing liability, most frequent claims, etc.
- 2020 E&O insurance brokers
- How to communicate with appraisers online. What’s the best way for you?
- Fannie Temporary Appraisal RequirementFlexibilities – What They Are and
What They Mean For You
- Virtual Inspection Tools Make Appraisal Drivebys and Desktops Much More Reliable
- Desktops and Exterior Appraisals: Virtual Inspection Tools Can Help
- Musings on Misleading by Tim Andersen, MAI
- What Does Fannie Mae Really Want? By George Dell, MAI
- Malwarebytes Keeps Your Computer Free of Worms, Trojans, Etc By Wayne Pugh, MAI
- COVID-19: Data, Comps, and Values
- Data and Comps. It’s all about the data!!
- Vaccines, Immunity and Q&As
- Appraisal Today 03-20 – traditional 3-column format
- Appraisal-Today-3-20-no-columns – wordprocessing style – read on your computer, tablet or smartphone
- 3-20 BUSINESS INCOME AND EXPENSE ANALYSIS SPREADSHEET
- Word time sheet – profit extra at the end of the newsletter: spreadsheet, Income/expense expenses, Appraisal time sheet
- NOTE: Sample Restricted Appraisal Reports (2020-2021) from the Appraisal Foundation attached at the end of the newsletter.
- Restricted Appraisal Reports – Yes, No or Maybe? By Tim Andersen, MAI
- Why is USPAP copyrighted? Why must buy it every 2 years? (book review of “Dispatches from the Cosmic Cobra Breeding Farm”
- How much money did you make per hour, after expenses, in 2019?
- Entrepreneur, technician, and manager – the three conflicting roles of fee appraisers
- I am not “JUST” a residential appraiser! By Rachel Massey, SRA, AI-RRS,ASA,IFA
- Highest and Best Use and USPAP 2020 By Julie Friess, SRA, AI-RRS, MA
- Should you stay or should you go? That is the question…
- Practical tips you can use today for getting more appraisals done and make money
- New Year’s resolutions. Set goals for 2020 and how you will accomplish them
- Anker Innovations brings Amazon Alexa to your automobile
- New CA law: What’s happening in your state? Appraisers want to keep Independent Contractor Status with AMCs to save on your 2019 taxes!!