Humor and jokes for appraisers
We all need a little humor! Here are some of the humorous stories, jokes, and lists I have collected. Most of them have been published in my newsletter, Appraisal Today. I have included the issue date. I’d like to take credit for them, but they were all sent to my by other appraisers. I seldom know the original source as they have been faxed and/or emailed too many times! One of the primary uses of email is for sending jokes, including appraisal jokes! Most of these jokes came to me by email.
Feel free to send these to other appraisers who need a few laughs, or just send the link to this page!
Got any good appraiser or computer jokes? Fax, email, or snail mail them to me. You may see your name in print and on the Internet! See my contact information at the bottom of this page.
- The Ultimate “Wired Appraiser” (10/00)
- Limiting conditions and assumptions – written by Deane Wilson, ASA (2/00)
- What Do Those Letters Mean after Appraisers’ Names? – posted by Michael Cartwright (2/00)
- What is an appraiser? (June, 1999) – emailed by Bill Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Megabucks Bank Review Form – emailed by Dick Sorenson, MAI (April, 1999)
- New spelling requirements for appraisal reports (April, 1998) – emailed by John Regan at email@example.com
- Really bad business advice – excerpts from a booklet published by William Pittenger of Valcor Advisory (December, 1998)
- Creative appraisal definitions (Oct., 1996) – sent to me by Larry Schnepf
- Residential appraisal humor
- Advice on Pencil Searches, Comp Runs, etc. – written by Christopher Gaskins, MAI
- YIPES – written by Doug Smith (4/00)
- Why Don’t Real Estate Agents Measure Houses? – emailed by Walt Humphreys (2/00)
- Ten Ways to say NO – Posted on an NAIFA discussion board by Richard Poole (September, 1998)
- Appraisal forms – the Next Generation (Jan., 1997) – posted on the Internet
- Top Ten Reasons why it is great to be an appraiser – faxed to me by Joe Ibach, MAI. (January, 1999)
- Commercial appraisal humor
- Cap rates on the Internet? Messages posted on the AI Forum email mailing list. (October, 1997)
- Computer humor
- Computer Haiku (June, 1998) – posted on the Internet by Nancy Mueller, MAI
- Floppy Abuse – From a great computer joke site, www.rinkworks.com/stupid (October, 1998).
- An Appraiser’s Computer Dictionary – emailed by Jim Saunders (7/99)
- How to tell you’re an email junkie (June, 1998) – posted on the Internet by Chuck Williams