The Oldest Living Things in the World
Fifteen places to find some of the most ancient life on Earth.
Just For Fun ;>
Corelogic taking over? Lots of data, AMCs, MLS, education…
Renters now rule half of U.S. cities
My comment: rent control in my city passed last March. We have a majority of tenants, primarly due to Victorians converted to apartments during World War II. I own rental property here and hate rent control. I appraised many rental properties in Oakland and Berkeley and never really thought about it until it happened to my rental property.
In the April issue of the
paid Appraisal Today
How to get near the top of Google searches for FREE with no web site required!!
- Residential Cost Approach Part 2 – Reconciliation, obsolescence, sample comments By Denis Desaix, MAI, SRA
- Get started in attorney work by doing divorce appraisals – much higher fees, no UAD, no underwriters, no AMCs
- Why Does Regression Not Work? By George Dell, MAI, SRA, ASA
- Is there really an appraisal shortage now?
The Midwest Is in Trouble
New Census estimates show the Snowbelt-to-Sunbelt migration pattern is deepening.
NAR Appraiser Trends Survey
- Satisfaction with most tested aspects of the appraiser’s work is low.
- The typical respondent planned to remain an appraiser for 12.2years, but some were planning to leave sooner.
- Regulation and compensation are the highest ranked reasons for leaving among the minority of respondents who are unlikely to stay in the field for another 5 years.
- Few appraisers currently train newcomers to the field, though mosthave done training in the past.
- Over one-third of current trainers do so for no compensation.
- Appraisal compensation appears responsive to the increased demands of short turn-around and unique properties.