How to Stay Happy as an Appraiser with Ann O’Rourke – Dustin Harris Podcast 12/13/15
In a recent paid Appraisal Today newsletter I wrote an article: “Staying positive with unreasonable fees and Scope Creep from AMCs”. In my article I go over many ways to be positive. These ideas are not new and have been around for many decades. I applied them to appraisers.
Whenever I do public speaking, I am much more “out there” than I am when I write. I am much more spontaneous, similar to when I am interviewed for podcasts.
I don’t think that there have ever been as many dissatisfied residential appraisers as there are now, primarily due to several factors:
– AMC and over-management of appraisers
– Low AMC fees for the work required
– Ever increasing requirements from investors and lenders
I know many long time residential appraisers who have quit appraising because they don’t want to work for AMCs. If I could only get work from AMCs, I would have quit also. But, I also know appraisers who do a lot of AMC work and they are satisfied with it. Dustin is a good example. They modified their businesses. I also know appraisers who do very little AMC work.
All successful business people have a positive attitude. Some of us are fortunate to be born that way. But, you can change your attitude.
Click here to listen
To subscribe or listen on other web sites, go to
– Android – http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-appraiser-coach
– iTunes – Subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any! I am a subscriber.
– Website – http://theappraisercoach.libsyn.com/